Decluttering a minimum of 2 items daily over the next 12 months

Thursday 9 September 2010

September already??

Well, the school year has resumed and my busy summer is behind me, so some pre winter decluttering is required!  I haven't actually stopped decluttering but the activities of the summer hols just saw it amble along gently in the background rather than romping home to the finish line!  Finding time to blog has been elusive, my art and food blogs have languished a bit too but with renewed vigour hopefully all three will perk up again now!

One thing I did last month was to sort out the two book cases in our bedroom.  My book case looked like this....


And now looks like this....


And my husband's bookcase looked like this...


And now....


Granted it wasn't a major decluttering mission but it was very satisfying as these bookcases have been neglected for aaaaaaaaages!  And, even better, they still look pretty much the same after a month!  Most of the books I decluttered went to the book bank that I recently discovered in one of the local car parks.  Whenever I declutter books they more often than not sit about for a while before I summon up the energy to cart them from the car park to the nearest charity shop but I can get up close and personal with the book bank so it's much easier to release my books into a new life!  And, who doesn't love the satisfyingly smug feeling generated by the thud of a bag of decluttered goods hitting the bottom of a recycling bank??  Or maybe that's just me!  lol

It's good to be back!  Let's do it!  ;oD

1 comment:

Artygal/Lalheg said...

I've got plans for decluttering the kiddos' bookshelves in the conservatory this week, prompted by them collecting books for Ethiopia

Good to see you back on it!