Decluttering a minimum of 2 items daily over the next 12 months

Tuesday 8 June 2010

Creeping up

My total that is!  Today has been an odd one but I have decluttered the following:
  • 2 dresses (both much to big but I persist in wearing them!)
  • 2 shirts (ditto!)
  • 2 single duvet covers & pillowcases (yes, I've finally started on the bed linen!)
  • plastic drinks bottle
I know I'm not racing along but I have to say I'm feeling quite pleased to be doing even if it is teeny tiny steps at the moment.  ;o) 

Now, you may want to brace yourself with a stiff G & T before you look further as I'm about to share some disturbing images!  Bit of explanation in case anyone other than Laura drops by!  ;o)  Our house is two semi detached cottages which we have knocked into one.  When we put the corridor through upstairs we lost a big chunk of our bedroom so we knocked through into the box room and effectively have a bedroom with just the bed, bedside tables and a couple of bookshelves and the box room has wardrobe, chest of drawers etc in it.  So, are you ready??  This first one is looking into the box room from the bedroom...



Chest of drawers on the left...



And to the right, behind the door....



And the far end....



Now then.... I'm not normally given to airing my dirty laundry (quite literally in this case!  lol) but, well, for me this blog is about more than just decluttering, it's about getting my house in order... getting it straight.  ;o)  For a variety of reasons we have been renovating for way too long, I want a haven, I want a home I'm happy to share instead of actively avoiding inviting people in, I want space and order (I'm not talking minimal here, I'm talking a lived in, loved home) and I wanted to share the sort of thing I'm dealing with!  Today I started working on the box room and it has already improved from these pictures, progress, yay!  ;o)  So, you can expect me to drone on at regular intervals and hopefully I will, in the not too distant future, be sharing much improved views!     

2 comments:

Artygal/Lalheg said...

Oh you're so comforting and inspiring! I've started taking pics of grot spots ready to post too

I need to know what's in that very fancy looking box on top of your chest of drawers?!

You can do it Maz - space and order shall be our motto!

artfulzebra said...

Blimey, inspiring? Me?? ;oD

That's a vintage vanity case I picked up at a local antique market, I use it for my make up and associated clutter for shows. ;o) I have another one too, hoping to use them for "decorative storage" when they're not in use once the room is sorted out.

I do actually believe I can do it this time! This slow non judgmental pace is suiting me and even though I'm impatient to see results I am happy just to be doing it and enjoying the process. ;o)