Decluttering a minimum of 2 items daily over the next 12 months

Sunday 6 June 2010

Getting distracted in the kitchen...

Soooo, bed linen was top of my decluttering list for today but I haven't got to it yet due to a moment of distraction in the kitchen!  My kitchen isn't too large and to maximise the space, years ago, we put a shelf up over the kitchen doorway.  This is what it looked like this morning....


And it now looks like this....


Ok, it's not spectacular in decluttering terms but baby steps!  Besides I thought it was time for a few pics to perk up ye olde blog!  ;o)  It is a bit of a dumping ground (I have so many!), one of those people-are-coming-where-can-I-shove-this sort of places!  All but two of the magazines (and a few extracted recipes)have been recycled and various books returned to their appropriate bookshelves elsewhere in the house.  While I was about it I tackled one of the two double shelved end kitchen units.  The other one will be quaking in it's boots now as it's next up!  So, decluttering for today so far looks like this....

  • stack of magazines off of the shelf into recycling

  • metal pink photo frame (which I've never liked. Why do I keep this stuff??) into charity bag

  • china teddy ornament (which I've loathed since the moment it was given to me!) into charity bag

  • and an unused set of small colouring pencils into the charity bag

  • assorted bits of unidentified rubbish gathering dust, which none of us recognise or want, into the bin
Now then, bed linen.....

2 comments:

Artygal/Lalheg said...

That feeling of 'why did I keep this horrible thing?' is awful, but how lovely when you remove it and know you will never, ever have to look at it again

artfulzebra said...

Yes indeed although guilt trips me up a little bit but I'll get over it! ;oD