Decluttering a minimum of 2 items daily over the next 12 months

Saturday 5 June 2010

Refreshed and raring to go...

I'm back from sunny Scotland!  Yes, I did say sunny!  I have the sunburn to prove it unfortunately!  ;o(

So, back to decluttering..... I haven't flung myself into it wholeheartedly since arriving home at tea time but even so I have managed to declutter the following....
  • black jacket to the textiles bank
  • 2 magazines into recycling
Ok, so not a huge haul but nevertheless still items going on their merry way and out of my overcluttered life.  ;o)

Wandering off the point a little, but it's all part and parcel of decluttering to me, I decided to change the beds this evening, nice clean sheets for our first night back after the holiday and all that.  As I took the duvet cover off our bed it occurred to me that I bought it before I got married - the happy event was 22 years ago this August - and not only is it thinner than a doilie in places but it's terribly faded (and not in a good way!) and has a hole in it put there by our oldest dog when she was a puppy - she's 8 now!  Added to that neither pillow case matched each other or the duvet cover or the sheet!  They never do!  Now I'm not obsessed about everything matching, in fact I love mismatched, but not in this instance.... the point I'm slowly rambling towards is that it's a minor thing but it drags me down, I tolerate it but, hey, guess what?  Ding!  I don't have to!  I was reading about "tolerations" while I was away this week.  ;o)  I have a tall boy full of bed linen inherited from my in laws plus a drawer full of fabric I've bought at various times to making bedding from and yet I persist in using this rubbishy stuff which a) is horribly worn b) is WAY past it's best and c) I don't like it and I don't want it on my bed anymore!  Now I sound like I'm stamping my foot in tantrum stylee!  I'm not really, promise!  ;o)  Needless to say though, top of my decluttering list for tomorrow is going through my disastrous bed linen collection!  Now, aren't you glad you ploughed through that over long paragraph to get to the triumphant conclusion?!  lol

And to close, I'm ditching the boring Day 1 etc blog titles in favour of, hopefully, more pithy labels!  ;oD

2 comments:

Artygal/Lalheg said...

Yay - I don't have a huge lot of bed linen but I would like to get some fresh new ones once I decorate the bedrooms. I can't wait to reuse the old stuff for morsbags, particularly one set that DH chose with a wedding gift voucher that I've never ever liked that much. Confession over.

artfulzebra said...

Oh how joyous to be confessing together! ;oD Wait til you see the pics I took this morning! You'll feel like you live in a minimal palace! lol